its official - i am moving out of nyc at the end of the month. in all the excitement of finding the apartment in a little village up the hudson river, i missed realizing that i am actually now leaving this city. funny i spent the first two decades of my life dreaming of living here and plotting to get here and now after a decade+ im moving out - and with very few regrets. which says something about the quality of life in this city now and the expense required to maintain it.
anyway, i am in the throes of all that is involved with moving - for the last two weeks i have been in a complete state of shock - so much of this move is going so well that i am surprised. its been a long long time since i have had Lady Fortune bestow her favors on me and i am thoroughly enjoying it.
the latest good fortune is that my landlord is letting me out of my lease early (its till december) because he has decided to redo the kitchen (not surprised as its the original 1950 conversion kitchen and with the original applicances too - do you know what a 1940 refrigerator is like?)
anyway, i am daily saying gratitude prayers to any and all higher power beings for all that is happening.
and so posts over the next few weeks (move date is either 28 or 29 August) will be very few and far between.
here are some of the good things i will be getting:
- a music room
- a baby grand piano (a friend is selling me)
- a car (same friend is selling his second car)
- a front porch! (good for sitting and knitting)
- a patio in the back (good for sitting and knitting)
- a big backyard i can redo into a gorgeous garden (cant wait to plan)
- four rooms and a kitchen and a bath
- one room for studio/office and storage for my stash
- basement storage (more stash!!!)
- a big kitchen
- a good sized bathroom
- a great landlord (who is thrilled i am moving in - we signed the lease at the local bistro over wine/tea for me)
- painless commute to Grand Central and quick bus to work
- a floor through apartment with lots of breezes
- much less rent than my teeeeny park slope apartment
- my nephew in the same village and five mins by car
- permission to decorate as i want from my landlord
ok these are the things i am thinking of as i immerse myself into packing etc....